January 1 - December 31 2022
Health & Well-being: Issues for Youth
Explore issues related to Youth health & well-being in the Pacific and promote a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
Note: If you already have an account with USP Global, please log in first and then enrol for the course. To log in, please click here.
2 - 4 Hours / Week
1 January 2022 - 31 December 2022
Certificate of Participation
Learn about Health
Issues for Youth
Health & Well-being: Issues for Youth is the fourth module of a series of courses on Professionalising Youth Work in the Pacific.
The purpose of this Module is to provide students with opportunities to explore central issues related to the health and well-being of Pacific youth, including basic first aid, sanitation, healthy lifestyle choices, and the prevention of non-communicable diseases. Students will examine strategies that could be used to help youth make meaningful choices to promote and sustain a healthy lifestyle. Through this module, students also examine the burden that various health concerns currently place on communities in the Pacific region. Youth Workers need to build their knowledge so that they will be able to inform Pacific Youth of significant health risk factors that may affect them.
- Topic 1: Basic First Aid
- Topic 2: Basic Sanitation
- Topic 3: Youth and Mental Health
- Topic 4: Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs): What are they and how do we prevent them?
- Topic 5: Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle in Pacific Youth
- Topic 6: Summarise Your Learning
- Use their knowledge of health and well-being issues to help youth make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Employ basic first aid skills and help youth to develop these skills, including knowledge of Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Describe issues of basic sanitation, food safety, and access to clean water, and how these issues impact communities in the Pacific.
- Explain the importance of strong mental health and healthy coping skills.
- Identify non-communicable diseases (NCDs) that impact Pacific communities and describe ways to prevent the spread of these diseases.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle to the youth with whom they will work.
This course is for
The course is aimed at youths, youth organisations, climate change activists or practitioners, non-governmental, intergovernmental, and governments to promote and sustain a healthy lifestyle.
Professionalising Youth Work in the Pacific
Professionalising Youth Work in the Pacific is a six-part module series designed for learners who work or plan to work with youth. The module topics were originally developed by a group of thirty youth work experts from seven Pacific Island nations. These modules will provide the learner with a broad-based set of skills and knowledge for youth work.
Module 1 - Engaging Youth in Their Communities
Module 2 - Youth and the Climate Crisis
Module 3 - Youth, Rights, Civic Engagement and Political Participation
Module 4 - Health & Well-being: Issues for Youth
Module 5 - Youth Entrepreneurship
Module 6 - Good Governance in Youth Organisations