January 1 - December 31 2022
Good Governance in Youth Organisations
Explore ideas of leadership to become strong and ethical leaders in your communities.
Note: If you already have an account with USP Global, please log in first and then enrol for the course. To log in, please click here.
2 - 4 Hours / Week
1 January 2022 - 31 December 2022
Certificate of Participation
Certificate of Achievement
Good Governance in
Good Governance in Youth Organisations is the sixth module of a series of courses on Professionalising Youth Work in the Pacific.
The purpose of this Module is to introduce students to the concept of good governance and what that means for them. Students will explore ideas of leadership within their communities, and in the context of sub-national, national, and international environments. This module aligns with the goals of the Youth Work program because it will give students the tools necessary to become strong and ethical leaders in their communities, who possess a strong understanding of how to work productively with different stakeholder groups. This module also helps provide context to issues that are relevant to South Pacific youth and why it is important for them to participate in the development and evolution of South Pacific societies. This module will provide students with the skills and strategies necessary to empower South Pacific youth as practitioners of good governance.
- Topic 1: What is Good Governance?
- Topic 2: Consensus, Accountability, and Transparency
- Topic 3: Responsiveness, Effectiveness, and Efficiency
- Topic 4: Equitability & Inclusivity
- Topic 5: Rule of Law, Vision, and Innovation
- Topic 6: Summarise Your Learning
- Identify the major components of good governance and understand what good governance looks like in practice.
- Define what consensus means and describe how accountability and transparency affect what goes on within communities.
- Describe characteristics of effective and efficient decision-making.
- Explain the principles equity and inclusivity, and what it means to build youth organizations based on these principles.
- Describe the importance of youth organizations having a vision and being innovative.
This course is for
The course is aimed at youths, youth organisations, non-governmental, intergovernmental, and governments to empower Youth as practitioners of good governance.
Professionalising Youth Work in the Pacific Series
Professionalising Youth Work in the Pacific is a six-part
module series designed for learners who work or plan
to work with youth. The module topics were originally
developed by a group of thirty youth work experts
from seven Pacific Island nations. These modules will
provide the learner with a broad-based set of skills
and knowledge for youth work.
1. Engaging Youth in Their Communities
2. Youth and the Climate Crisis
3. Youth, Rights, Civic Engagement and Political Participation
4. Health & Well-being: Issues for Youth
5. Youth Entrepreneurship
6. Good Governance in Youth Organisations