January 1 - December 31 2022
Youth and the Climate Crisis
Discover the significant role young people can play to protect the future of the planet.
Note: If you already have an account with USP Global, please log in first and then enrol for the course. To log in, please click here.
2 - 4 Hours / Week
1 January 2022 - 31 December 2022
Certificate of Participation
Learn How Youth can
Combat Climate Change
Climate Crisis and its Impact on Youth is the second module of a series of courses on Professionalising Youth Work in the Pacific.
The purpose of this module is to provide students with opportunities to explore causes and impacts of the Climate Crisis and examine Climate Crisis issues from multiple viewpoints. Students will examine the impacts of the Climate Crisis on youth along with ways in which youth can be engaged in environmental and climate-based activism. The module is structured around multiple scenarios, which provide context for assessment check-ins and discussion posts throughout the module.
Over the course of the module, learners will have access to videos, texts, web resources, and discussions with peers and the facilitators.
- Topic 1: The Climate Crisis - What is it and why is it important?
- Topic 2: Climate Crisis Frameworks and Movements
- Topic 3: Climate Justice – Listening to Marginalized Voices
- Topic 4: Climate Crisis Mitigation and Adaptation
- Topic 5: Climate Crisis Finance, Food, Agriculture & Health
- Topic 6: Summarise Your Learning
- Explain some of the causes of the Climate Crisis;
- Describe how the Climate Crisis impacts youth living in the Pacific region;
- Identify marginalised voices that are often ignored in matters of climate justice;
- Make connections between the financial, agricultural, and health impacts of the Climate Crisis; and
- Describe how climate-based activism that can engage and empower local youth.
This course is for
The course is aimed at youths, youth organisations, climate change activists or practitioners, non-governmental, intergovernmental, and governments. It is also suited to young people in becoming environmental champions within their local communities.
Professionalising Youth Work in the Pacific
Professionalising Youth Work in the Pacific is a six-part module series designed for learners who work or plan to work with youth. The module topics were originally developed by a group of thirty youth work experts from seven Pacific Island nations. These modules will provide the learner with a broad-based set of skills and knowledge for youth work.
Module 1 - Engaging Youth in Their Communities
Module 2 - Youth and the Climate Crisis
Module 3 - Youth, Rights, Civic Engagement and Political Participation
Module 4 - Health & Well-being: Issues for Youth
Module 5 - Youth Entrepreneurship
Module 6 - Good Governance in Youth Organisations